We know what it feels like to struggle with both your pets emotions and your own, when it comes to leaving your best friend alone.
As a whole, pet parents have become more educated about pet care, we are more aware about what our pets need for a great quality of life. The benefits of having a personal pet sitter far outweighs those of putting your pet in a kennel.
Meet Our Sitters!
Stephanie is the owner and creator of Furball’s Choice. The company is based on her strong passion and connection with animals. One she has had since the young age of 5 years old “Which was when I had my first cat. I was responsible for helping my parents feed him, scoop his poop, and make sure he was well exercised”. On top of having cared for her own pets and growing up with animals her entire life, Stephanie also possess the following experience with animals of all types. “This is my life long resume”.
Growing up in Barrie, Ontario her first job was on a horse farm specializing in training Western Pleasure & Gaming horses. Starting from the ground up working as a groomer, mucking stalls, she soon found herself moving up to working along side her boss, training and riding young prospects. In the past 10 years she has worked on farms that deal with Harness Racing, Private Show Barns, Circuit A Training Facilities & Boarding Facilities where animals require very specific diets and constant, attentive care.
Throughout her teenage years she donated her spare time to the local animal shelter (QHS), comlpeted two co-op positions at the Quinte Humane Society and one co-op position at Loyalist Veterinary Hospital. After graduating High School she pursue her love of animals by accepting a job at PJ’s Pets. These years provided experience with a vast variety of animals including pocket animals, birds “The Sun Conure is my favourite.” aquatic life such as shrimp & fish, reptiles and even tarantulas. During this time Stephanie was also an approved foster home for Pet Finder.
Stephanie continued to keep her passion of working with animals alive by providing pet care services to local pet parents. in 2014 she was presented the opportunity to start her own business. When she was told there was an opportunity to combine her love of animals with providing a positive and much needed service to pet parents alike, she got started right away. After graduating her Business Management Course, and her business plan receiving a stamp of approval, Furball’s Choice was born.
- Stephanie is skilled in the administration of insulin injections, oral medication, and IC fluids, and loves caring for juvenile pets, pets with special health concerns & disabilities and has over a decades worth of experience providing such care.
- She participates monthly in webinars to learn all she can about domesticated animal health. She has extensive knowledge about different pet related diseases, illnesses and disabilities and how to treat them such as Degenerative Myelopathy, seizures, diabetes, kidney disease, arthritis just to name a few.
- Stephanie is a Pet First Aid Certified Instructor for Walks N Wags Pet First Aid.
- Certified in Raw Pet Food knowledge and is a Certified Pet Nutritionist.
- Furball’s Choice works with Fixed Fur Life, The Quinte Humane Society, Boxer Rescue Ontario and Home Again Rescue.
- Furball’s Choice supports it’s community and others. Our company has ran fundraisers for DM research and spearheaded the ‘Pack 4 Fort Mac’ in 2016 that sent thousands of pounds of pet food and items to animals affected by the Alberta Wildfires. We will never stop helping where we can.”.
- Stephanie regularly participates in training classes & seminars withe her own dogs for fun and educational purposes. “Its one thing to be able to calmly control my own dogs in a positive way, I like to be current on general communication and training techniques that work with any dog I am socializing with.”
Stephanie is now a loving mother to her 3 German Shepherds, 3 cats, 5 goats, 4 chickens, 10 ducks & 2 beautiful horses Ebony & Echo. She is happy to offer service to any pet parent that needs it. Furball’s Choice was specifically designed with pet parents in mind, as she is one her self and it pushed her to turn a passion into a lifestyle and make the move to become a pet sitter – “Life is too short to not do what you love”.
Roxie has had pets and been around animals since she could remember. She has about 30 years of experience caring for animals of all types. “My first personal pet was a cat that I was given for my birthday.” And so her love of furry friends began.
She started working with animals when she was 12 years old and she has always worked with animals is some way since. Roxie started really getting into horses when she was around the age of 8. “I helped my mom operate a small horse stable.” She has worked on many types of farms in the past including: horse farms, riding stables, goat farms, a Herford cow farm, a dairy farm and small hobby farms. She has past experience offering pet sitting for friends and family over the years, where she did everything from walking dogs, scooping litter and administering medication.
She has cared for or owned dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, goats, sheep, pigs, raccoons, turkeys, chickens, peacocks, geese, ducks, cows, llamas, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, chinchillas, mice, rats, finches, parrots, fish, hermit crabs, turtles and ferrets.
In addition to her experience and love of animals Roxie also has her PSW certificate.
Roxie is a very busy and happy pet parent to:
- A quarter horse paint mare named Emma and a Miniature Sicilian donkey named Bentley
- 6 (larger sized) cats; Frankfurter(aka Shovel), Schnitzel (aka Shewolf), Lieben (aka Mr.Grey), Panzer (aka Blackaroo), Kaiser Bunn (aka Bunnsefie) and Gizmo (aka Moe)
- 11 chickens. 4 Silkie Roos Bob, Fran, Vin, Q. 1 Rhode Island Red roo Brian. 1 Red Sex Link lady Louise (aka Knifie). 1 Couchin lady Waffles. 1 Copper Maran lady Toby. 1 Wyondette lady Butters. 2 Americana ladies Betty and Virginia.
- Also an array of wild rabbits we call “the flood” and herds of chipmunks we call Edgar or Victor depending on what day is..
Victoria. In 2012 she graduated from the St.Lawrence College Veterinary Assistant course with a 3.9 GPA! With this experience she learned how to:
- Develop safe handling skills and learn how to perform physical examinations and treatments.
- She was taught how to groom dogs under the supervision of a trained professional grooming instructor.
- She spent time in the lab learning surgical support techniques and basic clinical laboratory procedures which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in domestic animals.
- She was taught about animal health and disease, behaviour, handling and general care involving cats, dogs, exotic pets , wildlife and livestock.
The drive that fueled her to pursue her post secondary study of animals started at the young age of 12. It was then that she received the first dog of her very own, a Jack Russel Terrier named Tiny. She found our very quickly how active the breed was so once she was old enough they began training to compete in Flyball. Victoria was 13 at the time “She was the best and lived for Flyball!” Victoria now has 3 dogs who compete heavily in Flaball, CJay, Tyson and Mya.
Recently Victoria’s love of animals has spread in the direction of pigs! 3 of them to be exact. “They are a challenging animal but are very sweet and they love to snuggle.” Rodd, Todd, Mister Piggy Smalls and her 3 dogs all live in blissful harmony under one woof.
Marg is a mom to two humans, a ‘GG’ to a small human and a soon to be born baby. The first dog she actually owned herself was Mollie. “Without knowing it she changed my life. They say your dog chooses you. l fully believe she chose me for a reason and changed me forever.” She’s now 16, Marg trained her by watching videos and reading books. Lucky for her she was very clever. By the time she was about four months old she could play dead, sit, roll over, give paws, sit pretty etc. and she could identify four different toys. After Mollie, Max came to live with her to help fulfill Marg’s Japanese home stay students lifelong dream of having a puppy. She trained him herself to do all the tricks his sister could do. Because she was such a good pet parent she was given her very own dog after graduating high school in Japan.
- 28 years to being a Heath Care Aid for senior residents.
- 10 years working in the Life Enrichment Department in Long Term Care.
- Had volunteered in Kenya and have been involved in various fundraising events – primarily for the Cancer Society.
- Growing up, she looked after rejected lambs on her parents farm and this was the beginning of her love for animals.
MJ Is new to the area. She loves being able to travel to different parts of the Quinte Region, and meeting new people and their pets!
She is the proud mom of Lilo, a Sheppard-chow mix who loves to give big hugs, and looks very sophisticated while taking pictures. Lilo was adopted when she was a young pup 4 years ago. Her second love is Walter, a feisty Dachshund who loves to get into trouble. Walter joined her family as a baby one year ago. MJ has a good grasp of separation anxiety when it comes to dogs as her ow baby Walter suffers with it from time to time. She has developed a few different ways she helps him overcome his anxiety such as keeping his at home routine relatively consistent.
MJ also has a passion for hiking and discovering new unexplored trails during the summer and the winter months. She takes her K9 pals along with her during her adventures. Her most recent and now “My new current fave.” location in the semi-local area is Rock Dunder. Rock Dunder is 230 acres of wilderness with just shy of 10km of trails to walk, run, bike and explore. It is open from spring to fall and is located N/E of Kingston ON.
- MJ specializes in behind-the-ear scratches, treat-giving, and taking Instagram-worthy selfies of furballs.
- She is very passionate about her position as a Professional Pet Sitter and would love to care for any furbaby!
Our Promise To You
Trust, Quality & Security.
We treat our clients, their pets, and home with a standard of professionalism and care that is incomparable in our industry. Furball’s Choice is continually working to set the bar high for pet sitting standards in our industry.
Our staff conduct each service with honesty and truthfulness. Providing our clients with honest feedback, and being open to honest feedback from our clients. We humbly recognize that we can always do better through mutual feedback and communication.
Our company possesses insurance and liability coverage for your pets, home and property for the duration of our visits. We respect the trust our clients have placed in us to care for their most valuable possessions.
All staff are Walks ‘N’ Wags Pet First Aid Certified with emergency contingencies in place to handle any emergency situation that may come our way, and the ability to safely and adequately care for any pets whom require medication or limited ability care.
Furball’s Choice is an active member of Professional Pet Sitters International, Veterinarian, Groomer & Rescue recommended for both Care Services & Natural Pet Products. There is a reason that Furball’s Choice is Quinte’s only multi-award winning Pet Care Service. Voted Favourite Pet Care Service by the people of Belleville for 2016 and also awarded the title of Best New Business during the 2016 Quinte Business Achievement Awards.
At Furball’s Choice we believe the “Keys to Great Care” are:
- Superior Customer Service: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, high-quality care and service.
- Environment: Provide a clean, active, positive, enjoyable environment while providing professional and trusting service.
- Convenience: Being mostly mobile, offering clients a wide range of services in their own personal environment specific for every animal type.
- Location: We will come to you, making Furball’s Choice an easily accessible service for your convenience.
- Reputation: Credibility, integrity, and 100% dedication, from more than a decade of experience and passion with animals.