A tired dog, is a happy dog, is a good dog.
The best exercise channels the activity of both mind and body. Exercise that is balanced by teaching the dog how to be calm and physically composed through regular activity.
Private Dog Walking Services
Our professional Dog Walking Services provide your pup(s) with premium care by qualified and trained professionals. Our dog walking services are multi-award winning and the top rated in the Belleville area! The relationships we form with our clients and their dogs are at the heart of what makes Furball’s Choice successful. We understand that caring for the family dog is a privilege that comes with great responsibility, we take this very seriously and continually strive to offer an experience that promotes their well being, safety and your peace of mind.
We have incorporated safety measures into every aspect of our services, whether out on a walk or in overnight care, so that while your pup is having fun, you can have peace of mind.
Furball’s Choice and it’s staff are licensed, insured and bonded for your peace of mind. We are Pet First Aid and CPR certified as well as a registered member of Pet Sitters International.
Benefits of our professional Dog Walking services:
- Exercise. It helps relieve elimination problems, excessive barking, expend extra energy, reduces destructiveness, reduces or eliminates separation anxiety, and other common behaviour problems. It also helps maintain and improve muscle tone, joints, and the cardiovascular system.
- Consistency. Having a dog walker will provide your dog with a consistent routine. Regular exercise helps ensure good physical and mental health.
- Safety. Private walks are just that. Our dog walker works with your dog one-on-one, no interruptions. During our on leash walks our professional dog walkers will reinforce good leash manners, basic obedience and positive training techniques. You dog might even learn a new trick or two!
- Experience. A wealth of knowledge and expertise at your fingertips. A professional dog walker not only provides dog walks and care, but also provides knowledge and experience.
- Updates. You will receive an emailed journal entry with each visit our sitter makes to your home. These journals will include the name of the sitter who completed the visit. The time they arrived and the time they departed, verified with GPS. Pictures of your pets having a blast with our sitters. And of course a written journal entry from our sitter to let you know how your furbabies are doing.
30 Minute Walk 45 Minute Dog Walk 60 Minute Dog Walk
Each dog is different and has different needs. That is why we have a number of walk options to ensure that your pup is getting the walk that is right for them. Private, group, trail hikes, varied locations across the Quinte Region to the length of time; we have something that fits your dog(s), and your schedule.
They motivate us to play, be affectionate, be loyal and seek adventure.
3 Hour Group Adventure Walks
Furball’s Choice is the leader in bringing new and innovative service to Pet Parents in Quinte. Providing you with more options our Adventure Walks are a service offered solely by Furball’s Choice in the area, the first and only one of its kind between Toronto and Ottawa!
Group Adventure Walks are an open air & natural approach to the modern Dog Daycare. Our Group Adventure Walks are a few hours in length that run mid day, Monday to Friday. Ideal for dogs who like activity, high socialization needs or would prefer to be outdoors most of the day. We combine the most natural form of fun and exercise for your pup with the most convenience for you!
How It Works:
Our Professional Dog Walkers will pick up your pooch from home, and take them along with a small playgroup to different locations in the beautiful Bay Of Quinte region. Then 3 hours later, we drop them back off when the walk is complete.
Daily travel sites will include; fields, trails, woodlands, parks, beaches and other patches of nature where dogs can safely explore. At Furball’s Choice we believe dogs are happiest when they live and play as naturally as they were intended to.
Our frequently traveled locations include (Not Limited To):
- Quinte Conservation
- Potters Creek
- Frink Center
- Vanderwater Conservation
- Sindey Conservation
- Sagers Conservation
- Massassauga Point
- Bleasdell Boulder
- Friends Of The Trail
- Lower Trent Trail
- Batawa Ski Hill
- Kings Mill
- Eastern Ontario Trails
- Menzel Nature Reserve
Your dogs will quickly learn that we like to reward good behaviors on the trail including polite greetings on the trail, impulse control in distracting situations and name recognition. You’ll notice these manners carry through at home with you as well.
After the outing we drop your dog off at your home happy and tired and ready for a nap, never wasting any of his/her day by crating or being cooped up in the house.
Benefits of our professional Adventure Walk service:
- Socialization. Your dog will be with a group of friendly and playful regular walkers. Most of our dogs are enrolled in walks at least three times per week, so you dog will be among familiar faces.
- Exercise. Adventure Walks satisfy the physical and mental stimulation requirements of most dogs. This service ensures your energetic pup comes home tired and satisfied after a long day of hiking trails with friends and playing at local parks.
- Safety. During our on leash walks our professional dog walkers will reinforce good leash manners, basic obedience and positive socialization between dogs. You dog might even learn a new trick or two.
- Variety. Not your average walk around the block. your pup may go swimming in the summer, hiking in the woods, playing at beaches or in parks, adventure walk locations vary depending on the day’s planned activities.
- Convenient. Our Adventure Walk program is a great solution for all social dogs over 6 months of age. it is a great option for bored, high-energy, active dogs and busy owners who are away for long periods of time during the day.
*Please note that for their safety some Brachycephalic breeds may be restricted from these walks depending on their health and fitness level and the temperature.*
|1 - 2 Days Per Week|
|3 - 4 Days Per Week|
|5 Days Per Week|
Each dog is different and has different needs. That is why we have numerous walk options to ensure that your pup is getting the walk that is right for them. From private to group, varied locations across the Quinte Region to length of time; we have something that fits your beloved dog, and your schedule.
Please Note: Group Adventure Walks & Solo Adventure Walks are NOT off leash.
10% discount for all Seniors, Military & Emergency Service personnel.
*All Services Are Subject To HST.*
We do not charge extra for key pick-up or drop-off in our regular service area.