A tired dog, is a happy dog, is a good dog.
The best exercise channels the activity of both mind and body. Exercise that is balanced by teaching the dog how to be calm and physically composed through regular activity.
Your dog is part of your family, so while in our care, they’re a part of ours. We have incorporated safety measures into every aspect of our services, whether out on a walk or in overnight care, so that while your pup is having fun, you can have peace of mind. Furball’s Choice and it’s staff are licensed, insured and bonded for your peace of mind. We are Pet First Aid and CPR certified as well as a registered member of Pet Sitters International.
Benefits of our professional Dog Walking services:
- Exercise helps relieve elimination problems, excessive barking, destructiveness, separation anxiety, and other common behaviour problems.
- Having a dog walker will provide your dog with a consistent routine. Regular exercise helps ensure good physical and mental health.
- Exercise helps your dog expend extra energy.
- If desired, your dog can interact with other dogs on group dog walks and enjoy off-leash exercise and play sessions (at safe and approved fenced-in yards and parks.
- Exercise helps maintain and improve muscle tone, joints, and the cardiovascular system.
- Re-enforce good manners, proper leash walking, and training.
- No more messes! Puppies need to go outside every 3 – 4 hours throughout the day for proper housebreaking and socialization.
- A wealth of knowledge and expertise at your fingertips. A professional dog walker not only provides dog walks and care, but also provides knowledge and experience.
- *BONUS* Walk Journals are left after every walk to let you know how your dog did. These journals include a written update, pictures and information on your dogs walk/visit!
30 Minute Potty Break 45 Minute Dog Walk 60 Minute Dog Walk
Each dog is different and has different needs. That is why we have a number of walk options to ensure that your pup is getting the walk that is right for them. Private, group, trail hikes, varied locations across the Quinte Region to the length of time; we have something that fits your dog(s), and your schedule.
Furball’s Choice is the leader in bringing new and innovative service to Pet Parents in Quinte. Providing you with more options our Adventure Walks are a service offered solely by Furball’s Choice in the area, the first and only one of its kind between Toronto and Ottawa!
Group Adventure Walks are an open air & natural approach to the modern Dog Daycare. Our Group Adventure Walks are a few hours in length that run mid day, Monday to Friday. Ideal for dogs who like activity, high socialization needs or would prefer to be outdoors most of the day. We combine the most natural form of fun and exercise for your pup with the most convenience for you!
How It Works:
Our Dog Walkers will pick up your pooch, and take them along with a small playgroup to different locations in the beautiful Bay Of Quinte. Daily travel sites will include; fields, trails, woodlands, parks, beaches and other patches of nature where dogs can safely explore. At Furball’s Choice we believe dogs are happiest when they live and play as naturally as they were intended to.
Our frequently traveled locations include (Not Limited To):
- Quinte Conservation
- Potters Creek
- Frink Center
- Vanderwater Conservation
- Sindey Conservation
- Sagers Conservation
- Massassauga Point
- Bleasdell Boulder
- Friends Of The Trail
- Lower Trent Trail
- Batawa Ski Hill
- Kings Mill
- Eastern Ontario Trails
- Menzel Nature Reserve
Your dogs will quickly learn that we like to reward good behaviors on the trail including polite greetings on the trail, impulse control in distracting situations and name recognition. You’ll notice these manners carry through at home with you as well.
After the outing we drop your dog off at your home happy and tired and ready for a nap, never wasting any of his/her day by crating or being cooped up in the house.
Benefits of our professional Adventure Walk service:
- Your dog will be with a group of friendly and playful regular walkers. Most of our dogs are enrolled in walks at least three times per week, so you dog will be among familiar faces.
- This service ensures your energetic pup comes home tired and satisfied after a long day of running around trails or in local off leash parks.
- Reinforce basic obedience and learn new skills.
- Your pup may go swimming, depending on the day’s planned activities and location.
- Our Adventure Walk program is a great solution for bored, high-energy dogs and busy owners who are away for long periods of time during the day.
- 100% Cage Free!
|Booking 3-5 Days Per Week|
|Booking 1-2 Days Per Week|
We know that socialization is important for dogs, but we also understand that group walks are not a one size fits all solution. Our Solo Dog Adventure walks have all the benefits of our Group Walks except your pup enjoys their outdoor adventure with loving one-on-one companionship from one of our trusted Pet Sitting Team Members.
|Booking 3-5 Days Per Week|
|Booking 1-2 Days Per Week|
Each dog is different and has different needs. That is why we have numerous walk options to ensure that your pup is getting the walk that is right for them. From private to group, varied locations across the Quinte Region to length of time; we have something that fits your beloved dog, and your schedule.
Please Note: Group Adventure Walks & Solo Adventure Walks are NOT off leash.
10% discount for all Seniors, Military & Emergency Service personnel.
*All Services Are Subject To HST.*
We do not charge extra for key pick-up or drop-off in our regular service area.