When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I see a soul.
National Leaders In Pet First Aid For Dogs & Cats.
Walks ‘N’ Wags are the longest standing Pet First Aid program in Canada.
The WNW pet first aid course was originally developed in 1993 by Nurse Ethne Dickinson of Oakland Educational Services Ltd. and a team of Veterinary professionals. Our goal is to train quality Pet First Aid Instructors to provide fun, hands-on education to pet owners and pet care professionals.
Why Choose Walks ‘N’ Wags?
- The course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
- The company is internationally recognized.
- Receive an extensive, user-friendly manual complete with custom illustrations to assist you in your time of need.
- You’ll receive a beautiful Certificate of completion upon passing the course. Valid for 3 years.
- Walks ‘N’ Wags works with LIVE pets to experience them wiggling about as you try to bandage them and find their vital signs!
- Our Instructors come from an amazing variety of emergency personnel such as firefighters, nurses, and human First Aid Instructors. To animal specialists such as Veterinary technicians, dog trainers, and kennel owners.
- Business owners can utilize our logo on your web site or print materials to confirm you have completed our program and add recognition. And will be added to the professional participants page of our web site with a direct web link to yours.
- The Pet First Aid courses are informative AND fun!
What Will You Learn?
Walks ‘N Wags instructors incorporate games, activities, group work, live animal demonstrations and more into the teachings of this interactive and hands on course!
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency.
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit.
- How to safely approach an injured animal.
- How to complete a Head to toe assessment.
- How to restrain an injured animal.
- How to transport an injured animal.
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury.
- How to handle various bleeding wounds.
- Bone injuries.
- Ear injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Choking skills.
- Artificial Respiration.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Frostbite and hypothermia.
- Heat stroke.
- Administration of medications.
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury.
- And More…
Course Fee: $180.00 + txs per person (2020 pricing)
*Courses must be paid in full upon registration. Sorry no refunds on Pet First Aid courses due to limited space.*
PRIVATE COURSES AVAILABLE:
If you would like to arrange a private class for a shelter, dog club or other group feel free to contact us for cost and details.
Interested in participating in a Walks ‘N’ Wags Pet First Aid course? No previous first aid experience is needed. Sign up today! You will have a fun, informative day and leave feeling confident that you can be there in your pets’ time of need.